Friday, April 24, 2015

Foggy Notion by The Velvet Underground (1969)


The Velvet Underground is the cult band to rule all cult bands. During their relatively short existence from 1965 - 1970(I don't count the years after Lou Reed left the band), they left quite a mark with brooding garage/psych/experimental music that still resonated. Their experimentation declined a bit after John Cale departed in 1968, but the quality of their output was not diminished through the 1970 release of the classic Loaded album.

Growing up in the 80's, I was only really aware of a few VU songs(Sweet Jane, Rock n Roll, and I'm Waiting for the Man). This was only the tip of the iceberg. I've since gone on to listen to everything this band has produced and I enjoy almost every tune they recorded.

Here is a 1969 song recorded after the addition of Doug Yule to replace Cale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiT_O90jkUI

No comments:

Post a Comment